Saturday, October 30, 2010

White space


I’ve been sort of blog clogged lately. I hope if I start typing some little insight will ignite and light up the page. I’ve been nose-to-grindstone the past few weeks and today is my first chance to take the bridle off my brain and let it wander in the pasture. I wonder if horses feel like this when they’re suddenly set free. Maybe that’s why they bolt. I could go for a good bolt about now. Just clean out the bank account, pack a few things, head for the airport, and just go somewhere. An adventure. Bolt, panic, pray. A one-way ticket. Greener pastures. Sunsets. Rainbows. Clear, warm water. I am probably overdue. Funny how we look forward to Thanksgiving and Christmas as a break. But they’re not a break. Just a change of focus. And have you ever tried to travel on either holiday? I’d rather be at work! So I will start dreaming of a real vacation after the holidays. Beach or mountains? All-inclusive resort? (no grocery runs, no cooking, no dishes—nice!) Put a little white space in my life. Palm trees. Coconut oil. Pineapples. Macadamia nuts. Okay, this blog is meandering. But I’m smiling. Are you?

No comments:

Post a Comment