Monday, June 14, 2010

Change


When the pain of not changing becomes greater than the pain of changing, you'll make that change. And yet it's still so hard to leave the decidedly uncomfortable comfort zone for the great unknown. Why do we cling to our chains? Why do I feel so strongly when someone I love accepts the unnacceptable? I can handle an act of God much better than an act of inhumanity. I'm not angry if my loved one gets cancer. Upset, yes. But I am FURIOUS when someone mistreats my family. I am loaded for BEAR. My mother was like that. She even said she became a mama bear protecting her cub. I called her mama bear. Now that's my moniker. Sandra Bullock said "If you threaten my family, you threatan me" in "The Blind Side." And she was packing.

There is no proven formula for life. There are no risk-free options. I know when I've felt abused or oppressed I've taken action. I can't "just take it." Call me kamikaze. Call me mad dog. Call me mama bear. I don't care. Don't mess with the S.

No comments:

Post a Comment