Sunday, June 6, 2010

A little local color


Art is all about contrast. So is my life. This painting by artist Carolyn Counnas spoke to me today. It said, "Remember how much you used to like art Sue?" I liked horses too, but that's another story. Art was my favorite subject in school. I'd sit at the desk, start my assignment and in the blink of an eye Miss Anderson would say "clean up!" I loved when East Junior High implemented block scheduling, giving me two hours in art class. Like most artists, reality and practicalities distracted me from my first love. Life has become a tad structured and square, with less contrast and more gray than I'd like. A lady from my aerobics class invited me to go to the Thousand Oaks Art Walk today. I loved it. It felt divinely appointed. I love that a random connection that I did not "work" for resulted in my attending. And I saw this painting, among others. My artist's heart is feeling decidedly red. My hand is craving the feel of a paint brush. My world feels a little rounder. I think even my eyes are brighter. I think it was a wake-up call from God.

No comments:

Post a Comment