Sunday, August 8, 2010

Dreaming


How much time do you spend dreaming every day? My answer is "not enough." I've become accustomed to life's can'ts instead of the cans. And just last weekend I was singing the song "Impossible" from Cinderella -- the quintessential song for dreamers. It says "impossible things are happening every day." And those things begin with a dream. The moment we stop dreaming, or believe a dream is stupid, our spirit dies. Not good. I dreamed of being a singer. I did it. I dreamed of writing songs. I did that too. I dreamed of finding my true love and marrying him. Wow, three for three! Then the obstacles got bigger. A work schedule that not only keeps us from spending time as a couple, it keeps us from having time to do our music. The obstacle hasn't won in reality. But maybe it has won over our spirits. Oh no. Not good. If it's possible for a plain yellow pumpkin to become a golden carriage, it's possible for two people who love each other to reclaim their lives and share their music. Because the world is full of zanies and fools who don't believe in sensible rules. And won't believe what sensible people say. And because these daft and dewey-eyed dopes keep building up impossible hopes, impossible things are happening every day. Thanks Rogers & Hammerstein!

No comments:

Post a Comment