Saturday, February 27, 2010

Who's the Boss?


I know two things for sure. There is a God. And I'm not Him. Yet I find myself taking the weight of the world on my shoulders as if I'm self-sufficient. I think it through, and then pray specifically for the solution I think is best. However, I might have missed something. The solution may affect people besides me. There is a master organizer putting things in place His way and in His time. He knows my needs. I don't need to tell him what I think is the best solution. He has promised to provide. He has, and He is. Just not the way I thought, or specifically requested. I have a job interview next week. I am praying that I get the offer. Then I'll have a new boss. Whether I get it or not, God is my employer. He's not here for me. I'm here for Him. I think I'm being tested (not just for the job either - that's a whole other story). "Sue do you trust Me?" Only a fool would say no. Look at my little Blake trusting me to catch him in the pool. Kids make it look easy. Yet it's difficult for us grown-ups. Like playing the piano, trusting takes practice. I think I'll add "I surrender all" to my daily piano practice. And I wonder if I can learn Excel by next Wednesday. God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can and the wisdom to know the difference. Peace out.

1 comment:

  1. Well, Tootie, I'm VERY impressed with your blog. I love the words to songs you are writing. I've always loved your stuff. You go, girl. You inspire me!

    ReplyDelete