Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Organic vs. Technical


How do we live organic lives in a technical world? From the first time I sent an e-mail in the late 1980s I knew technology was here to stay. I still resist qwerty pad text messaging and accessing e-mail on my phone. Anyone else? I resisted getting a cell phone at first too. It's not the technology I mind, it's the pressure to purchase it.

One day I thought of all the expenses my parents did not have -- no cable, cell phone, DSL -- not even a computer. I asked them what they used to do in the evenings before television. They used to have discussions. I guess now those discussions are on television -- and about television.

So that's how I came to write the song "Hippie at Heart." I wish I knew how to post it on this blog! Another technological challenge awaits!

Give me caffeine and blue jeans, and somebody to love. The chance to play some music, most days that's quite enough.

You can hear that song on iTunes when you search Special Blend. One day soon I'll figure out how to imbed the link in my blog.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, Tootie! This is GREAT! Very appealing to my eye and my spirit. I've become a follower... do you follow mine?

    You go, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 10-4 my midwest buddy I read your comment and I am following your blog too! Keep those happy fingers tapping girlfriend!

    ReplyDelete