Thursday, December 3, 2009

Relationship: 10 Career: 2


Anyone who works with sound gear understands the graphic equalizer concept. Picture a sound board with all those knobs and faders. What would it sound like if every fader were moved all the way up? Yet that's how I wish my life could be. I guess if I got my wish, it would be an overwhelming wall of sound with every note demanding my full attention.

If that analogy isn't clear enough, Dr. Laura has another one. She said "nobody gets two full sets of dishes." She was responding to a caller who was blessed with one thing and not with another. She wanted it all. Well don't we all. I've had some career moments where success just seemed to fall into my lap. Successful projects. The right amount of work. Stimulating work. A happy boss. A raise. Even a bonus ideal for a down payment on a little red hot rod. Mr. Right was nowhere in sight. Now he's here. And finding deep, caring, respectful, lasting soul-mate love is my grandest dream come true. And what do I say? "God, show me the money!" (please)

I write. I sing & play piano and guitar. I encourage people. And I can baby an animal like nobody's business. I'm thankful for my off-the-chart love relationship. Really. I'm just sayin' -- can we move that career fader up a few notches? Add a few serving platters to my extra set of dishes? A little nudge or a thunderbolt -- whatever sign I need -- I'm praying, watching and hoping.

No comments:

Post a Comment