Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Counting Blessings


I remember a Christmas when my life was like a doughnut. I was encircled with family, I had a stable job and was able to buy a few much needed items with my Christmas bonus. The big hole in the middle was someone special to share my life with. This Christmas my doughnut has turned sort of inside out. I still have wonderful family, but the holidays magnify the loss of certain very significant loved ones. The career is sputtering at the moment. The bright spot is this beautiful person I am blessed to share my life with. It doesn't erase the sadness or the imperfection of life. But what you focus on can guide you from sorrow to gratitude, and that's the ship I'm sailing on today. Thank you for this kind, fun, caring musical soul mate. He's the answer to all my wishes, and the owner of all my kisses. I love you Bob.

No comments:

Post a Comment