Thursday, March 25, 2010

Skinny isn't Everything


I've lost 18 lbs. since last November. That's a lot for a vertically challenged person. Now that I'm at my "ideal" weight, I've had some revelations.

1) I'm still the same person no matter what my weight is
2) A stressful and sedentary desk job is an ideal situation for gaining weight
3) Loss of income is an ideal situation for losing weight
4) No matter what my weight is, health and self-acceptance are the truly important things
5) Now that people comment on my weight loss, I wonder if they were thinking before that I was really fat
6) I don't judge anyone for their weight and I won't join in discussions commenting on someone's weight
7) It is more fun to try on clothes when I'm happier with my weight
8) Losing the weight goes along with losing the negative self-talk about needing to lose weight
9) Losing weight is all about calorie reduction

There's no mystery to how I did it. I consumed significantly fewer calories. I decreased my portion sizes. I didn't eat between meals. I made healthier food choices, including yogurt shakes and salads. I was exercising about the same amount before and after the weight loss. If I crave something sweet, I just have a few bites. After a few weeks of withdrawal, I became full and content on less food.

It's so important to accept yourself as you are, make corrections with gentleness, and focus on being healthy. It's not about image. It's about being happy on the inside. Peace out.

No comments:

Post a Comment